1/1/11

1st Of The Month Jan. 1, 2011

It's the first of the month, have you...

Test run your generator?
Rotated you gasoline stores?
Tested your smoke and/or carbon monoxide detectors?
Checked your household and vehicle fire extinguishers?
Given your dog his heart worm pill and flea/tick treatment?
Changed your HVAC filters?


Gun update
My shotgun won't get shipped until Monday.  There was a miscommunication with the distributor.  But on a bright note, I got my cap & ball revolver back in working order.  I had put it out of action at a Cowboy Action Shooting match some time ago.  Remember, its powder, bullet, THEN Crisco, not powder, Crisco, bullet.  The latter makes for soggy powder that does not go bang and gets the bullet stuck.  I used a bullet puller chucked into my drill to pop them out, then cleaned all the nasty gunky powder goo out of each chamber.  I'll put a few rounds through it today to celebrate the new year and get that black powder smell in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.