3/2/12

Disaster Day

Tough Day For Part Of The Country

I spent the last three days in a disaster management and EOC operations class.  It was put on by TEEX, the Texas Engineering Extension Service.  During the course of the training, we went through scenarios planning and organizing emergency responses for events such as terrorist attacks, flooding, and tornadoes.  It was kind of ironic that we were pretty much cut off from the constant news influx of a normal day, and what we were training for was really happening in much of the country.

I haven't yet had the opportunity to really see all of what went on with the storms and tornadoes, but I'll be digging into it tomorrow.  I do know that it was devastating and a huge number of people were horribly affected.  I'll be saying prayers for them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.