9/2/10

Earl, again... Sept. 2, 2010

No prep work today, we were ready!  Of course, it turns out that here at the house we won't even get a stiff breeze from him.  But no matter, everything we did (except put all the patio furniture in the shed or hooked to the fence) was stuff that needed doing anyway.  Cleaned up a pile of old scrap wood, cleaned the gutters, reorganized my GHB, etc...  I don't feel like anything was unusual or an over reaction.  I felt really good about our status if Earl came or if he doesn't.  At work, I spend quite a bit of time in the city EOC today and then briefing my bosses.  They appreciated my efforts to keep them up to speed and the readiness information that I was able to share. 

Earl won't have much of an effect on us here in the Old Dominion.  I'll be interested to see how the Outer Banks fare and my friends up in Massachusetts.  If you are in the path of Earl, please leave a comment to let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.