1/2/11

A Guaranteed ROI? Jan. 2, 2011

20% Profit?

Now I am not an investment counselor or a financial expert.  This is just a few comments on what I believe may ensure considerable, and fairly short term, return on an investment.  Are you ready for it........?

Socks and underwear.  Maybe jeans and t-shirts, too.  It seems that cotton has skyrocketed in cost over the second half of 2009, but the manufacturers have not passed on the rise to customers.  Until now.  Cotton has gone up due to increased demand in China and India, and poor production levels from Asia and Australia from bad growing weather.

What does it mean for us? If you have a little extra cash or can alter your budget a bit, go out and pick up a few extra packs of socks, underwear, and t-shirts.  Grab a few extra pair of jeans.  If you have small children, pick up some in larger sizes that they will grow into.  If the price goes up 20% or more as expected over the next year, you'll get a return on investment more than one would typically expect even from the stock market. 

Dress tomorrow on today's money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.