1/28/11

Mmmm, Donuts Jan. 28, 2011

Do You Have This In Your Kit?

Sure, you thought I was going to talk about delicious pastries.  I hope you have a great first aid kit.  Bandages, antiseptics, sutures, airways, you name it.  But what about those little thought of devices for the less than glamorous injuries?

I'm talking inflatable butt donuts.  You laugh?  If you need one, nothing can really take it's place, and life would be miserable without it.  Especially in a time of disaster or turmoil.  Which are often times when injuries can happen.  Why is this on my mind right now?

About 10 years ago, I broke my tail bone falling down the stairs.  After a miserable summer, I was pretty much healed up and having no problems.  Then I slipped off the porch steps and "POP!" there was that sickening audible crack as my coccyx slammed into the bottom step and broke again.  I spent several more weeks using an inflatable donut at my desk, on the couch, and driving down the road.  My tailbone is still sore sometimes, especially after sitting for long periods or on a hard chair.

Last night, I hit a patch of ice at the top of the back porch and boom, down I went again.  I was able to twist slightly and land on my gluteus maximus instead of dead center.  I have a horrible bruise, but thankfully, no freshly broken tailbone.  With my super long commute, I don't think I'd be able to make it to work without a donut.  I'm picking one up this weekend to add to the larder.  Just in case.


This Weekend

Be sure to check in this weekend, I have a couple big posts planned.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea on the donut. Another good item to have in the supply box is tea tree oil. It is the most effective (and cheapest) treatment for foot fungus, as well as a superior topical infection remedy for cuts, bruises, skin infections. Indefinite shelf life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michael! I'll have to pick up some tea tree oil.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.