1/13/11

Shotgun Jan. 13, 2011

It's In!

I took it out back this evening and put a handful of rounds through it.  I've never used ghost ring sights before on a shotgun, but they are very easy to pick up and aim with.  The action is nice and smooth, the trigger is good.  The breaching standoff on the end really doesn't do anything unless I am shooting off door hinges or if I want to use it as a bayonet, but it doesn't detract any either.  It is easily removable and I can put other Remington chokes on it for hunting if I want.

I'm still waiting for some suggestions on slings.  What are you guys using on your scatterguns?

If the weather is decent on Monday, I hope to get it to the range for some patterning and sighting in with slugs.  I'll give a full report.


Haiti Earthquake Update

A year ago yesterday, Haiti got hit with magnitude 7.0 quake.  The latest death toll numbers include those who have died of injuries, and the cholera outbreak and is now at 316,000.  Over 1.5 million are homeless from the quake.  With just over 10 million residents in 2009, that would be like the US having roughly 9.75 million killed and 45 million go homeless in a year.

What would you do if your home and region were devastated by an earthquake?  Do you live on or near a major fault line?  Eastern part of the Ozarks as a live-in retreat?  Your golden if any number of major disasters happen.  But you might get it if the New Madrid Seismic Zone quakes.  If you survive but your shelter is gone, what's your back up plan?

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.