4/12/11

Wind & Solar

Off Grid In Oregon

I recently found out that a cousin owns a wind and solar company in Amity, Oregon.  He sent me a brochure, and I've checked out his website at Wind2WattsInc.com.  They offer hybrid wind and solar systems that can be grid tied or stand alone.  If you are in Oregon, there are some very attractive state tax credits as well as the federal ones.  Check them out and see if it might work for you.

When we move to our land in Wyoming, having a wind and solar hybrid system is a no-brainer.  We'll definately be calling on some family advice.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to paste in his brochure, but check out the website and tell them you heard about them at If It Hits The Fan.


Scheduling Announcement

Remember that there will not be a post on Wednesday, but I'll be back in full force on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. It must be in the air. I did a similar post on my blog page today about alternative energy. I think it is important to have an alternate source of electricity. Even if we do have a grid down situation I think we have become so reliant on electricity that we will figure ways to keep many things running with our own sources of energy.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.