5/6/11

Storm Shelters

Going Underground

In the FEMA blog today, they talk about a group of nearly 200 Oklahomans who survived a recent tornado in a community storm shelter in a school.

The high school where I went in the early 80's and a couple of the older schools where I work now still have their civil defense fallout shelter signs.

A reader recently asked about personal underground shelters.

I'm running low on steam tonight, so to start with, I'll just leave you with this FEMA guide to building your own safe room.  Tomorrow, we'll look at some prefab and other storm shelters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.