8/3/11

News Of The Day

I'm having computer issues tonight, so just two news articles for you.

Turkey Recall

There's been an outbreak of salmonella associated with ground turkey.  Looks like it might be from food processor, Cargill.  They are recalling 36 million pounds on their own, without being ordered to by the feds.  Remember to cook you ground meat to at least 165 degrees.


Survival Story

Did you hear about this lady that survived three nights in the Oregon wilderness with a possible broken leg and no gear?  She had no gear with her because she had grounded it earlier to look for a camping site, then fell down a cliff.  She ate berries, drank creek water, followed the creek down stream, and made shelter from moss.  Sounds like she kept her wits about her and had some idea of what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.