10/11/11

Making Good "Cents"

Money Is A Crucial Prep

I'm currently reading the American Apocalypse series.  I'll do a full review when I finish all four books, but the first one, I think, really gives a good picture of what a slow, but severe economic collapse might look like.


Today on The Survival Podcast, Jack discussed some thoughts on the economy and his recent conversations with Fernando Aguirre, aka FerFAL, the author of The Modern Survival Manual, detailing his life with the Argentine financial collapse.


Also today, Rourke at Modern Survival Online reposted Larry Winget's recent blog post about 5 things that he is doing personally in challenging times.  You may not know his name, but you probably know who Larry is.  He's the bald guy in the Roy Rogers cowboy shirt that is a motivational and business speaker and writer.  So why is this important to us?  Well, he talks about money, but he also reveals that he is preparing.  He even calls himself a prepper.  He's one of us.  The lifestyle is really growing in the mainstream.  Check out what he has to say.


Finally, I'd like to turn you on to a blog that I used to read very regularly, and I've recently started going back to, The Simple Dollar.  Trent Hamm went through what he calls his financial meltdown, and writes about how he overcame it.  He also includes money saving tips, sound consumer financial advice, and answers reader questions.  Much of what he writes about as money saving tips are very adaptable to a prepper lifestyle.



Occupy Richmond

Lots of feedback on yesterday's post.  Some positive, some negative, and one of my biggest readership days in the past couple of months.  I'll be sure to report back how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.