12/29/11

Greenhouse Raising

Building The Greenhouse, Part I

My Dad came by this afternoon to help put together my Christmas present, a PVC pipe-based greenhouse of his design.  We've got the basic frame done, but ran out of pipe to finish the roof structure.  When done, it will be 6' x 6' x 6' with a 45 degree angled roof, wrapped in heavy clear plastic pool cover.  We'll put contractor-grade trash bags as the rear wall to help retain some heat.  I'll also use black, water filled buckets along the back wall.

The plan is to get the remaining parts in the morning, and get it done tomorrow afternoon.  When we finish, I'll take some pictures and get them up here.  Next step... find some wire shelves or bakers' racks at Goodwill to use to hold my plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.