4/9/12

Atlas Has Many Meanings

Silo BOL

I saw this article today on the Drudge Report.  A developer is building a 14 storey condo inside of a former Atlas missile silo in Kansas for preppers who have $2 million to drop on their BOL.

The reuse of old missile silos is nothing new.  People have been building homes in them for years.  I seem to recall a story on one back in the 70s on Real People or That's Incredible.  Near our land in Wyoming, there are three silos that are now in private hands.  I don't know what is being done with them, but plan to drive over and meet the neighbors next time we go out.

A Google search for "atlas missile silo for sale" turned up quite a few in all different price ranges.


Atlas Shrugged, Part II

The second part of the Atlas Shrugged movie trilogy has begun filming and is set for an October release.  If you have never read Atlas Shrugged, you really should.  Don't be intimidated by the 1,000+ pages.  It is a great story, and I see a lot of parallels with where the country is heading today if some drastic changes aren't made.


Atlas for the BOV

Just to keep tonight's theme going, please get an Atlas or Gazetteer of your state for your BOV.  Having a map with alternate ways home or to your BOL is crucial.  You can't always count on Google Maps or your GPS unit.
  

2 comments:

  1. Donald,

    I completely agree about Atlas Shrugged. I "read" it on Audible last year. Took me about 3 months of commutes but when it was over I felt like there was something missing from my 30 mile (1.5 hour) drive into DC. Great book and I've recommended it to many people to pick up and read.

    Rick
    Bristow, VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, I thought my 1 hour commute each way was bad! Glad you are spreading the word about Atlas Shrugged. I think more people would open their eyes if they would read it.
    D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.