5/29/12

News Notes

Earthquake Prepping

On SurvivalBlog Wednesday, Jim Rawles has a very thorough guest post on earthquake prepping.  I don't know about wrapping my glass jars with socks, but it might not be a bad idea for some parts of the country.


"Say the Secret Woid"

If you said the "secret woid" on Groucho Marx's game show, a duck flew down and you won some money.  If you type one of several hundred secret woids on your blog, you get on the homeland security watch list.  I'm guessing I've already covered at least 2/3 of them.


My Governor, The Totalitarian

Good old Bob McDonnell, up and coming poster boy of the Republican party, has shown his true color as a big government abuser of the Constitution.  In a monthly interview show on WTOP radio, he praised the idea of using aerial drones in Virginia for law enforcement.  Equating the streets of Virginia with a back alley in Iraq or a stone age village in Afghanistan, "increased safety and reduced manpower are among the reasons the U.S. military and intelligence community use drones on the battlefield, which is why it should be considered in Virginia, he says."   Not that he had my vote, but he has certainly lost it.



The Reason for Tin Foil Hats

Twenty years ago, if you spoke about the Bilderbergers, you were assumed to be a paranoid conspiracy theorist.  Nowadays, if you speak about the Bilderbergers, you are assumed to be a paranoid conspiracy theorist, BUT they actually exist and they go to show that conspiracy theories usually have basis in fact.  They are meeting right now here in Virginia and are going to extreme security measures for their convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.