12/5/10

Guns and Generators Dec. 5, 2010

Rossi Youth Model

Our nephew is about 5 and a half, a tall kid, and very smart for his age.  His parents have no real interest in guns or anything like that and want me to guide him.  Yesterday, I picked up a Rossi Youth Matched Pair in .22 and .410.  Its a single receiver and youth-sized stock, with two interchangeable barrels.  I try to do as much of my gun buying as possible at locally owned stores, but Wal Mart had this gun for $117, about $40-80 less than I could find it anywhere else.  Rossi currently has a $20 rebate offer on this gun that makes it all the more of a good deal.  I have not shot it yet, but it looks well made, the metal to stock fit is good, the trigger pull is fine.  I believe this is going to prove to be a great deal, and a great way to introduce my nephew to the enjoyment of the the shooting sports, and to safe gun handling.  Of course, I also picked him up a pair of youth sized safety glasses.

Generator Update

My generator is still out of action.  Seems that carburetor parts for a Generac are not as easy to get as I though.  The shop I went first does not carry Generac parts.  They sent me to a competitor.  The competitor did not have any parts at that location and had me call their other location in a nearby town.  Talking to them, I found I did not have the right model number information.  So, long story short, I'll call them tomorrow with the correct information and either pick up or order three more of the brass jets so I can fix it and have two spares on standby.  After that is done, I'll talk to them about what kind of spare parts I'd be wise to have on hand, and stock up there.  If this had happened during a storm or lengthy outage, I'd be up the creek.  I don't want to be in that position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.