1/17/11

Fight for Rights Jan. 17, 2011

Virginia Gun Rights Rally

Had a big day down at the state capitol today.  Over 300 law abiding citizens exercised their rights to peaceably assemble and bear arms.  Out of all those in attendance, I was approached and interviewed by three different reporters.  One cameraman asked to video me for a bit after the interview because the cowboy hat and cigar looked great on camera.  Here's a link to my appearance on WWBT-12, the local NBC affiliate.  Right before my interview segment, there is a closeup of my Sig-Sauer P220 on my hip.  The local 50,000 watt AM talk powerhouse, WRVA, interviewed me and played clips of that interview on at least two different news breaks.

I also stepped into the belly of the beast and was interviewed by a reporter from the Washington Post.  They have not posted anything about the rally, yet.  We'll have to see what that looks like tomorrow.

It was good to be able to speak publicly about our rights and holding the legislators accountable for protecting those rights.

On a side note, there were a lot of "barbecue guns" in attendance.  If you're not familiar with the term, its a Sunday-go-to-meeting gun.  Something fancy.  Engraving.  Custom grips.  Hand-tooled holster.  I'll wear a different rig next year.

There were some great speakers, including an elected sheriff, two state delegates, Scott Lee from WRVA, and Philip Van Cleave of the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

I also passed out some business cards advertising the blog.  If any of you new readers are here that I met at the rally today, welcome!  And thanks for checking it out.

If you have the opportunity to speak to your legislators or rally in a public venue, I encourage you to do so.  Whatever your political agenda, let your voice be heard.  They work for us.  If you can't do it in person, pay attention to pending legislation and call, write and email them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.