1/6/11

Gun Update Dec. 6, 2011

My Shotgun Is In!

I got the call today, my Remington 870 Express Tactical is in.  I'll pick it up Saturday.  I'll run a few rounds through it Saturday afternoon just to make sure it works, then I'll take it out to the range in a week or two to give it a full workout.  I'll get the pattern with buck and bird shot at 10 and 25 yards, then slug accuracy at 25 and 50.  A full report will follow.  I'll need to get a sling for it, but I'm not sure what type.  Any suggestions?  I will also get a SideSaddle and a Blackhawk Knoxx Recoil Reducing Stock, but those can come later.  The sling is the first priority.


You've Got To Fight For Your Right

Here in Virginia, we are not cursed with too many onerous gun laws.  Gun rights actually made progress last year with allowing concealed carry permit holders to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol (as long as they don't drink) and allowing people without permits to carry concealed in the car.  We really have to give most of the credit to the Virginia Citizens Defense League.  Every year, legions of law abiding gun owners descend upon our Jefferson-designed state capitol building to meet thier legislators (at least the ones who do not run and hide) and press for a return of the right to keep and bear arms, all while carrying weapons and wearing orange "Guns Save Lives" stickers.  After a couple hours of that, everyone gathers on the Capitol lawn for a rally with advocates, politicians, and the occasional celebrity.  I've been twice, and it is really an amazing event.  This year's Lobby Day is Monday, January 17th.  If you are in Virginia, I encourage you to come.  I'll be there for the rally.  Details can be found HERE.  If you don't live in Virginia, I encourage you to become involved with whatever advocacy group is active in your state.  If you don't support gun rights, well, I promise not to infringe upon your right to not have a firearm if you promise not to infringe upon my right to have one.


Tomorrow

Tomorrow is another garden-related post, but not just restricted to what I am doing.

3 comments:

  1. In Illinois, we have IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owner's Lobby Day) which is an annual event. This year's event will be on March 10. We will meet at the Prairie Capitol Convention Center for a legislative friefing, then march to the capitol building to lobby our representatives.

    I will be attending again this year. We would LOVE to have people from the "free" states attend and meet with our representatives (those who don't hide) and tell them of YOUR experiences.
    If anyone is interested, please go to: http://igold.isra.org/ for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I wish you had "spell check". I noticed an error: briefing, not friefing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I hope you have a huge turnout! Over Christmas, a friend who now lives in Chicago told us what he is going through trying to get a permit in the city. Keep up the fight!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.