1/19/11

Sport Berkey Water Bottle Jan. 19, 2011

Product Review

For Christmas, my wonderful wife bought me the Sport Berkey Water Bottle from The Berkey Guy, Jeff Gleason, at Directive 21.
Sport Berkey

This water bottle is a great deal.  For one, it is $24.99, buy 5 or more and they are just $20 each.  Replacement filter elements are only $16.99.  All of this is with free shipping.  Each filter is good for something like 6,000 gallons.  That makes your per pint price initially 6.6 cents.  On a replacement filter, it is just 4.5 cents a pint.  If I buy a case of Deer Park water at BJ's, it is about 11 cents a pint!  Even better, compare it to this ad from the January 1997 American Survival Guide.


That comes out to more than 41 cents a pint!

I've been carrying and using my Berkey Sport at work.  The filter makes the tap water taste great, it's easy to fill, and the loop on the top makes it easy to tote around.  When drinking, the suction needed on the straw is similar to what is needed for a milkshake.  I think it is getting me to drink more water throughout the day, which is always a good thing.

So how does it work in the field?

Shortly after Christmas, I took our little niece and nephew to the neighbor's frozen pond.  I busted through the ice and filled up the Berkey Sport for all of us to take a drink.  The muddy, nasty water came out crystal clear and pure tasting.  The only thing I would do differently in the future is prefilter with a bandanna or something to keep the heavy silt out.

I strongly recommend a Berkey Sport for your car, to carry at work or school, for visits to the park, and general daily use away from home.  It is truly one thing that can help you whether things are good or bad.  If you order from Jeff at Directive 21, please tell him I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.