9/25/11

1999 Flashback

Sweet Sue Is Back

I was at Food Lion today doing some shopping when I stumbled across a buy one get one free sale on Sweet Sue Chicken and Dumplings.  Back in 1998 and 99, Sweet Sue played a big role in my Y2K preps and filled quite a bit of space in my basement shelving units.  It's a tasty, filling stew, and can be a good change up to add variety to your storage.  I got it on sale for $1.55 a can, normally $3.09.  The Amazon 6 pack rate is about $3.61 a can, and you save any sales tax.


Sardine Stockup

I also found Beach Cliff sardines on sale today and picked up 15 cans of mustard and Louisiana hot sauce for 79 cents each, marked down from .99.  I eat them in my lunch periodically, and they are great for long term storage of protein.

Reality Check Survive 2012 Magazine

I also found a new survival magazine in the newsstand section.  It is put out by American Handgunner magazine, and costs $9.95.  It says Vol. 2, but I never saw Vol. 1.  It looks to have a bunch of good articles on many aspects of preparedness.  I'll give you a better rundown of them tomorrow.  It also has a 90 page buyers guide for guns.  Just a few weeks ago, I finally threw out a stack of mid-80s gun magazines, and there were a couple of buyers guides in there.  Now I wish I had kept one to compare the prices from back then. 

Sponsor of the Week

Our Sponsor of the Week is Survival Gear Bags.  Visit them for some great ready to go survival kits, or the resources to build your own.  They have several items on sale right now including Blast Boxers, the Paladin Go Bag and the 5.11 Tactical RUSH 72 back pack.  Check out what they have that might fill your needs.  I'm an affiliate with Survival Gear Bags, so any purchase you make through my links will get me a commission with no additional cost to you.  Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.