11/23/11

Happy Thanksgiving!

I Have A Lot To Be Thankful For

It will be Thanksgiving in a couple of hours.  I'm going to take a couple days off from If It Hits The Fan to spend with family.  I'm very thankful for many blessings, and that you folks take time out of your days to read what I have to say.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!  Spend time with loved ones, go hunting, relax, work with charity... whatever floats your boat.  Be safe, and I'll be back probably Saturday.


Protect What You Have

I saw this article from St. Louis linked on Drudge earlier today.  The article itself isn't much in the way of news, just a bit on a survival store doing booming business.  What really struck me, though, were the snarky comments from the author noting that civilization continues outside of the store with Pepsi deliveries, cars being washed and clocks being repaired.  He makes it very clear that anyone who shops at the store is a paranoid and should be mocked.  The other interesting thing is the fair number of reader comments to the effect of "I don't need food, I have guns and can take it."  It is unfortunate, but there will always be a certain part of our population that is made up of wolves and predators.  It is incumbent upon us to ensure that what we have is protected and defended from those who will take it from us by force.

1 comment:

  1. Which brings up the idea that those of us with both guns & food probably know how to use those guns.

    I think I had a previous coworker make a similar comment on time. When I reminded him that I'm prior service (Army) and reasonably well armed he didn't have anything further to say.... Besides, they know what town I live in but no further details, I've never been listed in the phone book or online. Kind of difficult to steal from someone if you don't know where they live, lol.

    Steelheart

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.