11/14/11

My Bucket List, Part 1

To Do Before I Die

A couple of months ago, Rourke at ModernSurvivalOnline listed his bucket list of things he wants to do before he dies.  Other folks over the years have also done this.  Some people have pretty personal things such as, "reconcile with my sister," while others have things that most will never do such as, "climb Mt. Everest."

I've decided that my list will consist of things that I want to do, am realistically able to do physically and financially, and may include some interesting or unusual things that I've already managed to make happen.

I'm going to break this down into five 20-entry sublists over the next few weeks.  I may not make it to 100, but we'll see how close I come.

1.    Graduate Marine Corps Bootcamp
2.    Earn a Master's Degree
3.    Give the Governor a "Harrumph!"
4.    Drive with the Joie Chitwood Hell Drivers Stunt Show
5.    Have a book published
6.    Have a magazine article published
7.    Visit all 50 states
8.    Smoke a cigar at a cafe' in Havana
9.    "Run" (I'll settle for complete) a Marathon
10.  Jump a motorcycle over a car
11.  Kill a deer for food
12.  Catch a citation size large-mouth bass
13.  Do a stand-up routine at an open mic night
14.  Win a shooting competition
15.  Make par on a golf hole
16.  Own a Colt Python
17.  Leave a $100 tip around Christmas at a place I'll never eat at again
18.  Ride a motorcycle 1,000 miles in less than 24 hours
19.  Own a supressor
20.  Drop a $100 bill in the Salvation Army kettle

OK, that's the start.  This is actually harder than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.