4/16/12

It's A Blackout

300 AAC Blackout

The 300 AAC Blackout is a hot new round originated by Advanced Armament Corporation and Remington to give supersonic .30 caliber rounds a home in an AR platform using standard AR uppers, lowers and even magazines.  They take the 5.56 case, trim the neck down to take a .30 caliber bullet, and it works like a champ.

A friend in the industry first told me about the 300 AAC Blackout a couple weeks ago.  I was over at his house the other evening and he showed me a box of Remington rounds and loaded them up in a MagPul E-Mag.  I was hopeful that he had the rifle to go with it, but he has it due in any day.  I hope to get a full review of the rifle and the round soon.  We could be one of the first blogs to have a first-hand report on it.


Guest Writer Contest?

Between work, school, and a short vacation, I need a little help in May.  Here's where you can come in...  Do you have something that you think others would be interested in?  Would you be willing to write it up for us?

How did you get involved in prepping?  Did you have a survival situation on a camping trip or in a dark, urban alley?  Have you gotten a new gun recently and want to tell everyone how great (or not so great) it is?  What about a skill that you have that other people should know about?

Here's the rules:
  • Write a guest post on some survival topic of 750 or more words - it must be your own work and not posted or published anywhere else
  • Email it to me here no later than May 7th
Here's the contest:
  • I'll post the entries over the rest of May
  • I'll choose a winner - that person will win an If It Hits The Fan T-shirt and an If It Hits The Fan paracord wristband - perhaps a couple more items that might develop between now and then
That's all there is to it!  Send in those entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.