5/3/12

Guest Writer Contest

More Prizes Added

Between work, school, and a short vacation, I need a little help in May. Here's where you can come in... Do you have something that you think others would be interested in? Would you be willing to write it up for us?

How did you get involved in prepping? Did you have a survival situation on a camping trip or in a dark, urban alley? Have you gotten a new gun recently and want to tell everyone how great (or not so great) it is? What about a skill that you have that other people should know about?

Some more ideas - A canning how-to, a review of a great survival book you just read, how you dealt with medical needs overseas, what you learned about hunting or gardening, a hidden gun or food cabinet you built... the ideas are endless, but they need to get written and sent in.

Here are the rules:

Write a guest post on some survival topic of 750 or more words - it must be your own work and not posted or published anywhere else

Email it to me here no later than May 7th

Here's the contest:

I'll post the entries over the rest of May

I'll choose a winner - that person will win an If It Hits The Fan T-shirt, an If It Hits The Fan paracord wristband and a copy of Joel Salatin's Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal, a Bend-A-Bottle roll up water bottle, an emergency space blanket - (the list keeps growing!) -  perhaps a couple more items that might develop between now and then

That's all there is to it! Send in those entries!


The New Issue of Survivalist Magazine Is In

I got my latest issue in the mail today.  I've just skimmed it, but it looks to be another good one.  Christopher Nyerges has a nice prepping 101 article.  He was a regular writer to the old American Survival Guide that I was a big fan of in the 80s and 90s.  Dr. Bones has a good one on wound treatment.  Chance Sanders, who was one of my instructors at Dave Canterbury's Pathfinder School, has two articles.  One is on a new method of accurizing rifles from TTI (this TTI seems to be in North Carolina and not related to TTI in Ashland, Va. where Trapper made some amazing ARs and 1911s) and one on go bags.

If you don't already subscribe to Survivalist Magazine and want to, please use the link in the upper right corner of this blog.  I'll get a small commission if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.