Have you caught Revolution yet on NBC? Over the past two nights we've watched the first two episodes on Hulu.com.
Remember that "Scary Movie" series where they took all the memorable things from all the horror movies over the past few years and used them for humor? I see tons of post-Apocalyptic movies that have influenced the Revolution folks.
- Jericho - the ongoing back story and mystery people and messages that we just see or hear bits and pieces of
- The Postman - the way the militia ride into town
- Waterworld - some of the city shots with flooding
- Planet of the Apes - the outfits of the militia, the way they used slave labor to pull the wagons
- Hunger Games - the whole bow and arrow thing, in the first scene, the teacher tells a group of kids, "I know this isn't as cool as bow hunting."
It really shows the results of gun control.
Logically, it is hard to wrap my head around all electricity going away. Even an EMP wouldn't take out things like flashlights and old Model T Fords.
I'm going to keep watching for a few more weeks to see if I get hooked or not.
What do you think of Revolution?