1/12/17

Chicken Sitting

One of the best things about living in the country is having good neighbors.  Granted, not all are good, but the ones we have are great.  They have a flock of 22 chickens of a variety of breeds and got in to bee keeping last year.  The eggs are always great and the first batch of honey was delicious.  When they go out of town, we take care of the critters for them.  I call it chicken sitting.  It's easy.  I let the chickens out of the coop before I leave for work and make sure they are secured and have food and water when it gets dark.  That's also when I gather the eggs.  This evening, I brought home 15 eggs.  One of them was the size of a daggone duck egg!  Watch my quickee video (here) to see just how big.  And yes, it was delicious.  

Weather Update

Saturday we had 11" of snow.  Sunday it was below zero.  Today, Thursday, it was 72... Welcome to Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.