4/7/11

Prepper Ponderings

Another Earthquake

Japan had a 7.3 quake off the coast again today.  Tsunami warnings went out, but it looks like minimal damage/casualties.  My prayers are with the people of Japan as they recover and still react. 


Weird Find

More shop cleaning today and I found a check stub.  It seems I got paid $100 for writing an article for the Apr. 2005 issue of Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement.  I have no memory of this.  If anyone has that issue, would you mind scanning the article and emailing it to me?  I'm really puzzled by this memory failure.


Lucky Gunner

On Tuesday night, I placed an order with Lucky Gunner for some 9mm that was on sale, and a brick of .22s.  It arrived today via UPS.  Excellent customer service and super-fast shipping.  If they don't have it in stock, they don't list it on their website.  They even list how much of each item they have in case you want to order a large quantity.  If you buy something from them, please tell them that you heard about them at If It Hits The Fan.  I think they'd make a great addition to my advertisers.


Atlas Shrugged

I seldom talk politics here, but I want to mention the Atlas Shrugged movie that is opening next weekend in very limited cities.  We're fortunate to be getting it here, and have already bought our tickets.  If you've never read the book, you really ought to.  As preppers, it really gives a good look at the slow downward economic spiral that we may be riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.