3/8/12

Homegrown Terror - How It Happened

Another Library Resource

Tonight I've added a fascinating document to the Library Resources page.  We've talked about "sudden Jihad syndrome" adn homegrown terrorism on here before, but have you ever really thought about how it happens?  Tonight's addition is a Senate report on the radicalization of Zachary Chesser, a seemingly normal high school kid in Northern Virginia "who converted to Islam after graduating from high school in the summer of 2008 and just over 2 years later pleaded guilty to three felonies, including attempting to provide material support to al-Shabaab."

Was it a descent in to madness, or could it happen to any kid who fell into the wrong crowd? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.