6/21/12

Missed an Anniversary

I've Been Doing This Over Two Years

I realized this morning that May 18, 2010 was the first day I typed up something to share with what I imagine was about two or three readers.  Since I missed the date, I wondered what I was typing about two years ago today... I didn't do a post on 6/21/10, but here's my post from 6/25, WTH is EDC?


Friends Coming On Board

I heard from a guy I used to work with years ago.  Haven't seen him in 10 or 12 years.  He and his wife just had a year's worth of long term storage foods delivered a couple of weeks ago.

I also got an email from a friend of a friend down in Texas the other day.  He's having a banner year at the family farm, with a bumper crop of fruit tree production, tomatoes and peppers.  He's also building up huglekulture beds for future planting.


Clutch Saga

Got my new clutch cable in yesterday.  This evening I matched it up to the length of the old one using the adjustable bracket tip thing on the clutch end and took it over to my friend's house to put it on.  I didn't take any tools, figuring it would go on as easy as the old one came off.  Yep, that worked, but it wasn't quite right.  For some reason I couldn't get the clutch to operate.  I'm off tomorrow so I'll go over in the morning with my Chilton's manual and some actual tools, along with a headlamp and safety glasses.  Most folks don't think about glasses when working on a car, but crawling around underneath it, it's real easy to get dirt or rust in your eyes if they are unprotected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my posts. I do ask that you keep the language clean. I reserve the right to moderate comments and will delete any that violate the principles of respectful discourse or that are spam. I will not delete your comment for simply disagreeing with me.